Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't check the box to enable universal control

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what I can do if I can't check the box for enabling universal control? I just updated to Monterey 12.5.1. When I open my settings and look for universal control, the option for enabling it appears but when I try to check the first box, nothing happens. I've turned off my bluetooth, wifi, restarted my computer and nothing works.

Any tips?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:49 AM

marianadth wrote:

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what I can do if I can't check the box for enabling universal control? I just updated to Monterey 12.5.1. When I open my settings and look for universal control, the option for enabling it appears but when I try to check the first box, nothing happens. I've turned off my bluetooth, wifi, restarted my computer and nothing works.

Any tips?

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Still no luck—verify you have not blocked Universal Control in the Firewall settings:

>System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options... > Block all incoming connections unchecked

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

ref

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 4:49 AM in response to marianadth

marianadth wrote:

Hi folks,

Any tips?

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Still no luck—verify you have not blocked Universal Control in the Firewall settings:

>System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options... > Block all incoming connections unchecked

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

ref

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Can't check the box to enable universal control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.