Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Children sharing a limit!

Hey apple family! I have 2 young kids (7 and 8) and they both share an apple iPad, I have a 2 hour limit on it where they can watch shows, games etc. the problem is that they cannot share! Each day my kids get 2 hours each and their reminder to stop the screens is when the screen time limit goes off, is there a way that after the first 2 hour limit goes off that I can reset it for my other child to have her 2 hours?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 10:51 AM

With the exception of Educational environments, iPad devices are essentially single-user devices - and are not intended to be shared between users. ScreenTime restrictions are applied to the device itself.

Each end-user should have their own AppleID - this being just as relevant to children as to other users. It isn’t a practical proposition for a user to fully sign-out from both the iPad and associated Apple Services; having signed-in with a different AppleID, you’ll not be able to switch AppleID accounts again for 90-days.

Your best option is to consider providing an iPad for each of your children - as you’ll be able to apply ScreenTime and Parental Controls independently to each device and User.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 10:51 AM in response to Katiemara

With the exception of Educational environments, iPad devices are essentially single-user devices - and are not intended to be shared between users. ScreenTime restrictions are applied to the device itself.

Each end-user should have their own AppleID - this being just as relevant to children as to other users. It isn’t a practical proposition for a user to fully sign-out from both the iPad and associated Apple Services; having signed-in with a different AppleID, you’ll not be able to switch AppleID accounts again for 90-days.

Your best option is to consider providing an iPad for each of your children - as you’ll be able to apply ScreenTime and Parental Controls independently to each device and User.

Children sharing a limit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.