Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop zone graphic on my renders

I'm trying to export some simple video footage and for some reason, it's placing a Motion Drop Zone graphic over top of the first few seconds of each video.

I am NOT using anything from Motion, no templates, generators, anything. It's footage.

Here's the first frame of my FCPX timeline:

Here's the first frame in Compressor:

That first frame renders as you see it and only goes away after a couple seconds of the render. Even if I move the inpoint in Compressor, it still renders that graphic for the first couple seconds.

The videos are formatted for Instagram story posts, with a couple colour adjustments.

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:39 PM

In Compressor make a custom preset that you want to use for the video.

In FCP click the Share button in the upper right and select Add Destination. In the window that appears drag Compressor Settings to the sidebar.

It will ask you which preset you want to use. Select the preset. You can now use that preset as a compression setting for exporting your video from FCP.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:39 PM in response to creativeguytoronto

In Compressor make a custom preset that you want to use for the video.

In FCP click the Share button in the upper right and select Add Destination. In the window that appears drag Compressor Settings to the sidebar.

It will ask you which preset you want to use. Select the preset. You can now use that preset as a compression setting for exporting your video from FCP.

Jul 6, 2022 12:50 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom - that was a successful intervention for the individual files. The graphic disappeared. Thanks for the tip.

Generally, however, there are 15 such files, so using compressor was the logical route to run a batch, not to do it 15 separate times. Is this a known glitch that no one's bothered to post about, or did this just happen to me, I wonder? Disappointed I can't run files in a batch. This is a new glitch, for me at least. Was there a recent update?

Jul 6, 2022 12:59 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks, will try that out.

Not to be a broken record, but I am still curious about Compressor. Is the feedback:

"Don't use Compressor any more",

or, "Compressor's fine, its something you've done wrong",

or, is it "Your Compressor is broken and this isn't fixable"?

Just want to get a handle on what this problem means. You had very solid and quick workarounds - so, does that mean, this happens all the time?

Drop zone graphic on my renders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.