Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to save a text color if it's not one of the colors that are shown?

Is there a way to save a text color if it's not one of the colors that are shown?

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:49 PM

Hi rn,

You can save preset colours and colours you have custom built in the palette shown in the image below.

To add a custom colour to the palette:

Use one of the colour tools to create the colour you want in the larger square beside the palette, then click on that colour patch and drag the colour to the palette square and drop it into that square.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:49 PM in response to rn808

Hi rn,

You can save preset colours and colours you have custom built in the palette shown in the image below.

To add a custom colour to the palette:

Use one of the colour tools to create the colour you want in the larger square beside the palette, then click on that colour patch and drag the colour to the palette square and drop it into that square.

Regards,

Barry

Jul 6, 2022 6:25 PM in response to rn808

The colour patches you showed appear to be in the basic set built in to the color chooser. I've not explored the 'can these be changed' question on this set.

In the Text inspector, the color well beside the color wheel shows the current colour assigned to the text selected or at the Insertion point. If you change the colour of that text (and keep the insertion point in that text, the well colour will automatically change to show the new assigned colour.

IF you already have some text in the document set to red, one thing you can do to assign 'red' to other text in the document to red is to use Copy and Paste.

To Copy the style of some text without copying the text:

• place the insertion point in the styled text.
  • Press option-command-C to copy the Style.

To Past that Style to other text:

• Select the text to which the Style is to be applied.
  • Press option-command-V to paste the Style without changing the text content.

Note that this Copy copies all Style attributes of the text at the insertion point, and

this Paste overrides any Style set to the selected text, and applies all attributes of the style copied earlier.

Others who have explored the topic more deeply may have thoughts to add, and a better solution.

Regards,

Barry

Colour is part of the Style set for that text. Other style attributes are the font selected, bold, underscore or italic, and type size.

Jul 6, 2022 12:55 PM in response to Barry

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your quick response. I was able to change the color, but is there a way to save that color so that I don't have to open up the color wheel and I can just save the color to the box that opens up when I click a color? I want to save red since it doesn't have it saved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.