Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard on iPhone

When my thumb hovers over the caps lock key on my keyboard, the key acts as though I pushed it with my finger. Sometimes, the caps lock key gets dark with a line underneath it. I have turned off all special features for my keyboard. How do I get the caps lock key to stop activating when my thumb hovers over it?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:35 PM

Clean the screen, and see if that resolves the problem.

If there’s a protective case or a screen-protective film, remove that, and see if the problem persists.

It’s also possible the display is a little too sensitive, and your options there are to hover your digits higher, or to have a discussion with Apple Support about the touch screen sensitivity.

The line underneath the shift uparrow icon is the caps lock. On iPhone, caps lock can be activated by a quick double-tap on the shift key.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 5:35 PM in response to joyfulteacher5

Clean the screen, and see if that resolves the problem.

If there’s a protective case or a screen-protective film, remove that, and see if the problem persists.

It’s also possible the display is a little too sensitive, and your options there are to hover your digits higher, or to have a discussion with Apple Support about the touch screen sensitivity.

The line underneath the shift uparrow icon is the caps lock. On iPhone, caps lock can be activated by a quick double-tap on the shift key.

Keyboard on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.