Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insane 'System data' size on iPhone

On a 64 GB phone, the system data is about 20 GB !!

This is after I reset the phone once, cleared all caches,history logs etc - the usual suspects.

Any suggestions to reduce it?

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:55 PM

XySunny Said:

Insane 'System data' size on iPhone: On a 64 GB phone, the system data is about 20 GB !! This is after I reset the phone once, cleared all caches,history logs etc - the usual suspects. Any suggestions to reduce it?"

-------

Ridding of "System Data":

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip to fix this: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 11:55 PM in response to XySunny

XySunny Said:

Insane 'System data' size on iPhone: On a 64 GB phone, the system data is about 20 GB !! This is after I reset the phone once, cleared all caches,history logs etc - the usual suspects. Any suggestions to reduce it?"

-------

Ridding of "System Data":

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip to fix this: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Insane 'System data' size on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.