Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete IMAP email account (corrupted)

I have an IMAP email account, should be my main account. However somewhere it has been "corrupted" and has been in active on the iPad.

In the account information it only lets me toggle for 'mail' & 'notes', the other needed services are not even listed like 'calendar', 'contacts' or 'reminders'.

On my screen, there is NO 'Delete Account' button. I can't change the profile information, the screen appears, but will not let me change the information required to retrieve the mail.

I really need to get this deleted and properly re-installed. Any suggestions?

(Older iPad, using ver. 15.5, MS Office for Mac, Outlook)

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 6:50 AM

If you go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts, if you tap the arrow on the right side of the account you want to delete, do you get a delete option?

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 8, 2022 11:03 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the help and suggestions. I had reviewed all of the links sent prior to me signing on here. I thought that since it was an Apple product maybe someone here would be able to help. Unfortunately, nothing has helped, but i do appreciate the efforts.

This vintage old individual has a BIG love/HATE relationship with technology!

Cheers

Delete IMAP email account (corrupted)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.