Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Equations latex

Is it possible to enter x double dot using the built in equation editor for Pages and/or iBooks author.

I mean x with two dots above it as in second differential wrt time.

I am aware that there are other Latex editors out there and answers that refer me to them are not what I am looking for.

I am more familiar with Latex than MathsType and a MathsType solution would be OK if a Latex solution is not available.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 11:04 AM

Hey nerak100,

Some information on using LaTeX and MathML with those apps can be found in the following guides:

About LaTeX and MathML support in Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and iBooks Author - Apple Support

Add mathematical equations in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 11:04 AM in response to nerak100

Hey nerak100,

Some information on using LaTeX and MathML with those apps can be found in the following guides:

About LaTeX and MathML support in Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and iBooks Author - Apple Support

Add mathematical equations in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Jul 8, 2022 11:55 AM in response to nerak100

Pages, Numbers, and Keynote do not have LaTeX/TeX editors in them. They use a limited tool (blatex) that converts LaTeX/TeX/MathML syntax into MathML-based document objects. I encourage you to click the link provided by TammyW_03 and on that first page, click the blahtex link to download the PDF that governs what you can and cannot enter in the equation editor.

So by just entering:

\mathrm{\ddot x}

you get:

Jul 8, 2022 12:09 PM in response to VikingOSX

Well I am not entirely sure what you mean by "Pages does not have a Latex editor."

I entered all the following in Latex and by double clicking the Equation, I can "edit" the Latex. That's an editor isn't it?

I can't choose a kind of Raw version of the Page which I used to be able to when using Latex on a Mainframe (Well that was the default view) and certainly the Latex on Pages is a bit limited in some respects.

\begin {aligned}

\Rightarrow T&=\frac{5m}{2a}\left [u^2 -\frac{4ga}{5}+\frac{4ga \cos\theta}{5} \right]+mg \cos \theta \\

&=\frac{5mu^2}{2a} -\frac{4mg}{2}+\frac{4mg \cos\theta}{2} +mg \cos \theta\\

&=\frac{5mu^2}{2a} -2mg+3mg \cos\theta

\end {aligned}

Equations latex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.