Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ordered a watch and upon getting I have tried to pair it. It’s saying Apple ID and password wrong, because at the top of the pairing page it’s got the previous owners Apple ID

Bought the watch and it appears to be still paired to previous owner. It will not allow us to sign in under our Apple ID it keeps saying wrong ID or password

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:57 PM

Tell her to follow all the steps on this page;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch

3 replies

Jul 7, 2022 1:29 PM in response to bb2022-

This means the watch you bought beings to someone else or was not properly prepared to be resold used. You need to contact the person/company you bought it from and ask for a refund. The watch is useless to you and can never be paired to your iPhone. Activation Lock is a security feature that cannot be overridden, bypassed, or defeated without the original owner’s cooperation.

I ordered a watch and upon getting I have tried to pair it. It’s saying Apple ID and password wrong, because at the top of the pairing page it’s got the previous owners Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.