Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of the "search" screen on iPhone 13?

There is a “search” screen alongside the applications screens when I open my IPhone 13. I find this screen irritating as it is designed primarily to search the Apple store and not a general search function. Can I delete this unnecessary clutter. ?This is particularly annoying as the far left side of the screen has different sensitivity to the rest of the screen and regularly goes to this search screen by mistake.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 8:25 PM

From your Home Screen, you can swipe right to access Today View. There is a search field there, but it is not for searching the 'Apple Store', it's really no different really than swiping downward on your Home Screen to search. As you start typing, it will try to figure out what you want, an app you have on your phone, or contacts.. maybe a web search.

Then if you swipe left, at the end you'll find the App Library which sorts your apps into various categories.. more useful though, is if you swipe down you get an alphabetical list of all your apps, or you can use that search field to find a certain app on your phone.

None of what I've mentioned here can be turned off or 'deleted'

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 8:25 PM in response to 2562John

From your Home Screen, you can swipe right to access Today View. There is a search field there, but it is not for searching the 'Apple Store', it's really no different really than swiping downward on your Home Screen to search. As you start typing, it will try to figure out what you want, an app you have on your phone, or contacts.. maybe a web search.

Then if you swipe left, at the end you'll find the App Library which sorts your apps into various categories.. more useful though, is if you swipe down you get an alphabetical list of all your apps, or you can use that search field to find a certain app on your phone.

None of what I've mentioned here can be turned off or 'deleted'

Jul 10, 2022 11:06 PM in response to Chris0107

Thanks for the answer. It confirms what I have found. It is a classic case of designers thinking I want something when I don't want the clutter. There are a number of pieces of bloatware I would like to get rid of but the designers say I need it!! I don't have any particular issues with the way these functions work - it's just that I don't want them. Unfortunately other vendors do the same thing - just watch a modern 'smart' TV!

How can I get rid of the "search" screen on iPhone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.