Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who will help me to use my Epson projector that's connected with a cdmi converter to my MacBook?

Another laptop gets the display projected but my MacBook that is connected via a cdmi converted does not work. How is that possible and who can help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 1:47 AM

théo241 Said:

"Who will help me to use my Epson projector that's connected with a cdmi converter to my MacBook?: Another laptop gets the display projected but my MacBook that is connected via a cdmi converted does not work. How is that possible and who can help me?"

-------

HDMI:

Connecting HDMI to MacBook:

Start with this adapter: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

Using this adapter, you will have a female USB-C port, that you can use to access other USB C devices. I use it on my projector, and it works like a charm from my 2017 and 2018 MBPs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 1:47 AM in response to théo241

théo241 Said:

"Who will help me to use my Epson projector that's connected with a cdmi converter to my MacBook?: Another laptop gets the display projected but my MacBook that is connected via a cdmi converted does not work. How is that possible and who can help me?"

-------

HDMI:

Connecting HDMI to MacBook:

Start with this adapter: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

Using this adapter, you will have a female USB-C port, that you can use to access other USB C devices. I use it on my projector, and it works like a charm from my 2017 and 2018 MBPs.

Jul 8, 2022 2:12 AM in response to théo241

théo241 Said:

"Who will help me to use my Epson projector that's connected with a cdmi converter to my MacBook?: I do have that adapter attached to my HDMI cable, but it doesn't work. While the HDMI cable attached to another laptop ( not a MacBook) does work!"

-------

Thank you for the followup. What to try:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-based Macs only)What it could be is the power management settings. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for or Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your power adapter may not be being seen promptly by the ports. It may take up to 3 tries each.

Who will help me to use my Epson projector that's connected with a cdmi converter to my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.