Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previous Questions not showing up?

I am looking for a questions I previously posted in the Apple support communities. I have posted about 150 over time, but only one, the latest, shows up when I click on "My Questions"? I tried resetting the filters, but still only my latest question appears.

Any thought on how to find previous questions authored by me appreciated.

Henry

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:23 PM

Google them??

Seriously. Google maintains public archives.

Background: I actually just ran into the same issue & drew the conclusion (confirmed by @babowa) that Apple was applying a pretty aggressive chronological filter (😒). Fortunately, I also had an idea re: workaround solution, which I was amused to discover did seem to work. Granted, mine is an extremely limited test case (I had a grand total of 2 inaccessible mystery Qs), but a fundamentally similar approach should work for you.

The Simple (if inelegant) Solution: I queried my username + ‘apple discussions’ @ google.com. They were actually the top two hits in my search results.😁

Fair Warning: Assuming we’re fairly likeminded, this solution is probably not going to be super-satisfying. You’ll probably encounter some technical challenges with the search algorithm to recover a much larger sample set of 150ish historical posts. Even if you do manage to excavate all your old posts, it won’t generate a very tidy record of your activity. 😕 

Bottom Line: All that said, if you rate a semi-functional workaround as better than nothing, this should work. 🍀

Follow up: Feel free to. I’m curious to know if/how well this works for your larger sample set. Or if you find an alternate/better solution.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 9:23 PM in response to Henry Cline1

Google them??

Seriously. Google maintains public archives.

Background: I actually just ran into the same issue & drew the conclusion (confirmed by @babowa) that Apple was applying a pretty aggressive chronological filter (😒). Fortunately, I also had an idea re: workaround solution, which I was amused to discover did seem to work. Granted, mine is an extremely limited test case (I had a grand total of 2 inaccessible mystery Qs), but a fundamentally similar approach should work for you.

The Simple (if inelegant) Solution: I queried my username + ‘apple discussions’ @ google.com. They were actually the top two hits in my search results.😁

Fair Warning: Assuming we’re fairly likeminded, this solution is probably not going to be super-satisfying. You’ll probably encounter some technical challenges with the search algorithm to recover a much larger sample set of 150ish historical posts. Even if you do manage to excavate all your old posts, it won’t generate a very tidy record of your activity. 😕 

Bottom Line: All that said, if you rate a semi-functional workaround as better than nothing, this should work. 🍀

Follow up: Feel free to. I’m curious to know if/how well this works for your larger sample set. Or if you find an alternate/better solution.

Jul 10, 2022 9:38 AM in response to Henry Cline1

I ran a test case with your username and iterated keywords. Search algorithm limits the number of top hits but you can vary what is returned. I found probably about 30 or so of your questions using these search strings. Maybe this will work if there’s something specific you’re looking for.

henry cline1 discussions.apple.com

henry cline1 discussions.apple.com itunes

henry cline1 discussions.apple.com iphone

henry cline1 discussions.apple.com mac

henry cline1 discussions.apple.com log

Previous Questions not showing up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.