Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic move - force object matching

I've literally copy/pasted this question/feature request from another forum user in order to hopefully prompt a useful response....

"In PowerPoint with the Morph Transition, you can name different objects with the same name that starts with !!, like "!! Object 1" and "!! Object 2" and as long as you use those names the same on the next slide, when you use a morph transition, it will force them to 'morph' or at least move to the correct positions on a slide while they cross dissolve. The !! code doesn't seem to work in keynote and I can't find anything in any of the support documents. Does Keynote just not have this feature? Or any thing similar? I'd love to have a way to do it within Keynote, rather than having to use PowerPoint."

---

This feature would solve a lot of problems for users. I by far prefer Keynote to PPT, but they in this respect, Keynote is very much lagging behind!

---

For anyone else trying to work around this issue you can try the following options:

• Group a uniquely shaped invisible object with each of the items you wish to "magic move" - this will force Keynote to think of each group of objects as a unique item to apply the magic move to.

or

• If each of your objects has transparency, adjust one of the objects' transparency values by 1%. Hardly noticeable, but again Keynote will think of each object as unique as they have different transparency values.

---

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:57 AM

I suggest reviewing the built-in help in Keynote for transitions:

you can use the animate formatter to add lot's of built-in transitions:

Similar questions

1 reply

Magic move - force object matching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.