Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari using excessive amounts of storage

Hi,

On my current iPhone 13, using iOS 15.4.1, Safari appears to be using 55.92 GBs of storage which seems extremely abnormal. By checking the Website Data stored on my iPhone it is only a mere 939 MBs. On the other hand, my Offline Reading List, History, and Downloads are using little to no storage. Is there any way to decrease the amount of storage Safari is using without completely wiping my iPhone?

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 4:05 PM

Hi Cactism, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that Safari is using an unexpectedly high amount of storage on your device.

We recommend that you update your device to iOS 15.5.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 4:05 PM in response to Cactism

Hi Cactism, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that Safari is using an unexpectedly high amount of storage on your device.

We recommend that you update your device to iOS 15.5.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Safari using excessive amounts of storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.