Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove apple family member (forgotten password)

Dear Apple support team,

I am struggling to remove/detach the account that I have created for my child from the apple family.

I have created the account for my son. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password for the child iCloud account and I am unable to recover it. I have tried the regular password recovery process but with no success. The issue is that I cannot access the mail account of my son. Basically his email address is …@icloud.com, it is not in use, thus not knowing the iCloud password I am also not able to access the email. 

I would be most grateful if you could let me know how can I detach or delete the account. 

With kind regards,

S.

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 3:58 PM

Hello,

Sorry, this is a user community, so am not part of the Apple support team, but you may try If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support to see if you can recover the password.

If not, best to give Apple Support a call - it is much quicker that way.

6 replies

Jul 8, 2022 11:16 PM in response to sebastjan176

Let's try this... Please let me know if it helps?

Use the Apple Support app

Ask your friend or family member to open the App Store and download the Apple Support app on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Can't download the Apple Support app

Then open the Apple Support app and follow these steps:

1. Tap Passwords & Security.
  2. Tap Reset Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Get Started, then tap "A different Apple ID."
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you need to reset the password for.
  5. Tap Next, then follow the steps on your screen until you receive confirmation that your Apple ID password is changed. 

Jul 9, 2022 10:59 AM in response to sebastjan176

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

The only way to reset it instantly is to remember the password and sign into your Apple ID.

Remove apple family member (forgotten password)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.