Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working after a dunking

My phone got wet and Face ID is no longer working. Should I give it some more time to see if it comes back on its own?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:40 PM

Of course, it is totally up to you on what you want to do in this case. However, I would strongly suggest that you do not power-up your phone, and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

The issue is, even if all of the liquid evaporates, it could leave behind conductive residue that could potentially cause more damage to the phone. Since FaceID is not working can indicate that liquid has, most likely, already entered into the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 4:40 PM in response to PlasticsGuy2

Of course, it is totally up to you on what you want to do in this case. However, I would strongly suggest that you do not power-up your phone, and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

The issue is, even if all of the liquid evaporates, it could leave behind conductive residue that could potentially cause more damage to the phone. Since FaceID is not working can indicate that liquid has, most likely, already entered into the phone.

Face ID not working after a dunking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.