Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Muting Audio on synchronised clip

I am doing an edit in which I have used an external audio recorder to record audio then I have synchronized it to final cut pro after editing the entire video I noticed that there is a small echo. After some looking around and opening up the synchronized clip (which I have deattached to get the audio as a separate thing on the timeline to make j and l cuts) I noticed that the camera audio is not mute so I muted it but then only on the portion which I went in and made the change got the audio muted not the entire synchronized clip, so that would leave me to go into individual clips and make the change one by one and I have about 300 400 cuts on that timeline.

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 4:29 PM

This is the camera with the audio or the one above?

Neither of them seem to have audio. Or is the camera audio inside the detached sync audio? If the camera audio is embedded in the detached sync audio, I think you're stuck having to do it clip by clip.

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 12, 2022 4:21 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

yes for sure!

here is the image of the time line (Synchronized Clip Deattached)

Here is the audio thing opened on its own timeline

when i mute the cam audio (MVI_7390) it only disables for that part of the cutted area

so that means i would have to go into each audio cuts and mute the cam audio and i have about 300 something cuts, thats my problem, hopefully that make sense really bad at explaining things sorry!

Muting Audio on synchronised clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.