Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with my MacBook air

Recently my MacBook Air has begun to run extremely slow and the fans always seem to be on at full speed, I read to see if I could find anything but most say it to be an overheating issue but my Mac is always cool, I’m asking to see if this issue is common and wether I can have to take it somewhere to be looked at or if I can fix this my self?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:41 PM

SergioR104 Said:

"Problems with my MacBook air: Recently my MacBook Air has begun to run extremely slow and the fans always seem to be on at full speed [...]I’m asking to see if this issue is common and wether I can have to take it somewhere to be looked at or if I can fix this my self?:

-------

No. this is not common. So, have it serviced.

Your Power is Failing:

Having a screen with green veritable lines, it seems your power is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

So, Get this MacBook Pro Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple service this..

I. Whom to Contact:

A. Apple Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Or...

B. An AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the device

II. Faulty Devices:

A. Has it Been Less than a Year?:

How old is this device, since the date of purchase? Did you purchase it from Apple? Did you purchase warranty with it? Contact Apple Support to get the prices. If found to be a fault device then it would likely be nothing on you. But, only Apple has the ultimate say in prices. So, contact them ASAP.

B. Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple. So, either return these (you have 14 days to do so), or contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get these replaced. 

Contact Apple Support:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 9:41 PM in response to SergioR104

SergioR104 Said:

"Problems with my MacBook air: Recently my MacBook Air has begun to run extremely slow and the fans always seem to be on at full speed [...]I’m asking to see if this issue is common and wether I can have to take it somewhere to be looked at or if I can fix this my self?:

-------

No. this is not common. So, have it serviced.

Your Power is Failing:

Having a screen with green veritable lines, it seems your power is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

So, Get this MacBook Pro Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple service this..

I. Whom to Contact:

A. Apple Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Or...

B. An AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the device

II. Faulty Devices:

A. Has it Been Less than a Year?:

How old is this device, since the date of purchase? Did you purchase it from Apple? Did you purchase warranty with it? Contact Apple Support to get the prices. If found to be a fault device then it would likely be nothing on you. But, only Apple has the ultimate say in prices. So, contact them ASAP.

B. Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple. So, either return these (you have 14 days to do so), or contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get these replaced. 

Contact Apple Support:

Jul 8, 2022 9:35 PM in response to SergioR104

Follow these steps, testing after each step:

If that didn’t work, then I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

Problems with my MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.