Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading apps

i recently got my son a phone, and he can’t download any apps, I had screen time restricted and disabled it to see if that would allow the apps to download and every time it asks him to ask permission and he presses ask, and nothing happens. What should I do?

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 9:25 AM

Hello,

It sounds like you have Family Sharing enabled across your devices with Ask to Buy enabled. Checkout the link below and let me know if it doesn't help! I personally have never used Family Sharing, Screen Time, Ask to Buy, but I know people who do and I've played around with the feature.

Approve What Kids Buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

I hope this helps! Again, if it doesn't let me know and I'd be happy to help you more!

Sincerely,

Captain

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 9:25 AM in response to Strugglingwith

Hello,

It sounds like you have Family Sharing enabled across your devices with Ask to Buy enabled. Checkout the link below and let me know if it doesn't help! I personally have never used Family Sharing, Screen Time, Ask to Buy, but I know people who do and I've played around with the feature.

Approve What Kids Buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

I hope this helps! Again, if it doesn't let me know and I'd be happy to help you more!

Sincerely,

Captain

Downloading apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.