Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my lost iphone is removed from my icloud?

So my Iphone was snatched two days ago, I did all the necessary step like reporting to local authorities. Also I activated “lost my iphone” option my Find my phone app.

There was no location shown for my lost (Iphone 11 pro) on the application. But interesting thing happened, i got a text message from icloud support that my lost device is located.

This is the message I received

“ Security Alert,

Your lost iPhone 11 Pro has been Iocated. Check Iocation at: icloud.losts-alarts.us/VBl

Apple Support”

Now when i login to my find my iphone app, my lost device is removed? Why is that? And there is no location showed? Why??

waiting for answers please.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, 15

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 9:36 AM

The message that you received is a scam, which is trying to trick you into thinking that you can get the phone back by providing some "details".......like your Apple ID and Password.

All this will do is is allow the bad guys who have the phone to unlock the phone so they can sell it again, not to mention that this will open up your other devices for unauthorized use of your personal data.

The best thing that you can do right now? Delete the message and any others like it that may appear. The phone is gone.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 9:36 AM in response to omair320

The message that you received is a scam, which is trying to trick you into thinking that you can get the phone back by providing some "details".......like your Apple ID and Password.

All this will do is is allow the bad guys who have the phone to unlock the phone so they can sell it again, not to mention that this will open up your other devices for unauthorized use of your personal data.

The best thing that you can do right now? Delete the message and any others like it that may appear. The phone is gone.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jul 9, 2022 9:35 AM in response to omair320

Unfortunately, by responding to that scam message, you have given criminals the “keys to the kingdom” of your Apple ID. Any content that you saved to iCloud is now in the hands of these criminals, who can use it to steal your identity. Change your Apple ID password IMMEDIATELY, follow these instructions→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support, and review the information the criminals have to see if you need to change credit or debit cards or other personal identifications. And watch all of your accounts for fraud. Also, do not approve any 2 factor authentication requests you receive unless you know they are in response to something that you initiated.

Why my lost iphone is removed from my icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.