Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Password

I had to get a new phone after my iPhone 7+ screen broke and started glitching out and pressing random things. I couldn’t properly back up my iPhone 7+ data properly onto my iPhone 11 because the screen of the 7+ kept hitting random number which locked me out. So now that 7+ says “iPhone Unavailable”. Now my problem is, I have important information in my notes that managed to sync over to my 11, but I can’t open that particular note because I forgot the password. I can’t even change the password because I need to know the old password. I don’t know what to do anymore.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your password!

Please refer to this link to learn about password protected notes and how to reset the password: How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Unfortunately you will not be able to access the locked notes without remembering the old password. However, just because you set a new password doesn't mean these notes get deleted. They'll remain in your Notes app and if you eventually remember the password you can recover the contents.

I know this wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, but I hope I was able to help you!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 2:48 PM in response to Olyk98

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your password!

Please refer to this link to learn about password protected notes and how to reset the password: How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Unfortunately you will not be able to access the locked notes without remembering the old password. However, just because you set a new password doesn't mean these notes get deleted. They'll remain in your Notes app and if you eventually remember the password you can recover the contents.

I know this wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, but I hope I was able to help you!

Notes Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.