How can I recover my notes password from an old phone

I recently traded in my iPhone XR for a iPhone 14 pro max and forgot my password. Nothing seems to worth for the notes password and my Face ID doesn’t pop up for the older notes

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM

"How can I recover my notes password from an old phone: I recently traded in my iPhone XR for a iPhone 14 pro max and forgot my password. Nothing seems to worth for the notes password and my Face ID doesn’t pop up for the older notes"

-------

Recovering Note Passwords:

What the passcode is, is anybody's guess. So, if you have it written down somewhere, or a digital file of it, then, you can retrieve it that way. Elsewise, it is locked.

Unlocking Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed form there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM in response to ElijahMoon

"How can I recover my notes password from an old phone: I recently traded in my iPhone XR for a iPhone 14 pro max and forgot my password. Nothing seems to worth for the notes password and my Face ID doesn’t pop up for the older notes"

-------

Recovering Note Passwords:

What the passcode is, is anybody's guess. So, if you have it written down somewhere, or a digital file of it, then, you can retrieve it that way. Elsewise, it is locked.

Unlocking Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed form there as necessary

Sep 16, 2023 8:59 PM in response to ElijahMoon

The notes password cannot be reset for previous notes. If you reset the password then it will be set to protect new notes when you use it. The old protected notes will require the same password that was originally used.

Having stated the above, those old protected notes will require the original password or you will not be able to access them.

Axel F.

How can I recover my notes password from an old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.