Is their any way to unlock notes if you forgot old password

my phone got updated recently and i kind of lost all my data thou most of it was recovered i lost my access to notes it requires old password and i don’t remember that and there is no way to recover so does anyone know any hack or possible way to recover password for notes

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 12:37 AM

Unfortunately, there is no option to reset the Notes password. However, you have the option to create a new password for the new notes you wish to lock or create.

The only course of action available is to continue trying different passwords, as there is no limit to the number of attempts.

You may know that Face ID / Touch IDs cannot be transferred from one device to another. Therefore, to ensure smooth access to your imported notes on your new iPhone, it is important to link the password to the new Touch ID/Face ID feature.

During the setup of your previous device, it is likely that you created a password and enabled Touch ID/Face ID for enhanced security. Consequently, any notes created on that device would exclusively rely on Touch ID/Face ID authentication. Consequently, it is highly possible that you have forgotten the password by now.

If you set a hint for locked notes, please utilize it to aid in recalling the password. If you didn't set a hint, you can attempt various passwords that you are familiar with.

Watch the 2 GIFs below about locked Notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 12:37 AM in response to ishaan__97

Unfortunately, there is no option to reset the Notes password. However, you have the option to create a new password for the new notes you wish to lock or create.

The only course of action available is to continue trying different passwords, as there is no limit to the number of attempts.

You may know that Face ID / Touch IDs cannot be transferred from one device to another. Therefore, to ensure smooth access to your imported notes on your new iPhone, it is important to link the password to the new Touch ID/Face ID feature.

During the setup of your previous device, it is likely that you created a password and enabled Touch ID/Face ID for enhanced security. Consequently, any notes created on that device would exclusively rely on Touch ID/Face ID authentication. Consequently, it is highly possible that you have forgotten the password by now.

If you set a hint for locked notes, please utilize it to aid in recalling the password. If you didn't set a hint, you can attempt various passwords that you are familiar with.

Watch the 2 GIFs below about locked Notes.

Is their any way to unlock notes if you forgot old password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.