Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to get the activation lock off

But my brother doesn’t remember his Apple ID, email, or password and his phone is broken and it’s still on his find my iPhone?

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:53 PM

Let your brother try and use apples iforgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don't receive your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 3:53 PM in response to Rickybobby2213

Let your brother try and use apples iforgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don't receive your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

Jul 9, 2022 3:00 PM in response to Rickybobby2213

Please refer to this support page for help with reseting the password for the Apple ID: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support!

If you forgot the Apple ID you can look that up from this page: https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid!

Unfortunately you will not be able to unlock this device without knowing the Apple ID used.

I hope this helps you!

Jul 9, 2022 4:16 PM in response to Rickybobby2213

Your brother can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If he can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

I want to get the activation lock off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.