Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remove my @icloud.com email from my Apple ID

Is it possible to remove my original Apple ID email (@icloud) when I have already changed the email associated with my Apple ID? I want to be able to send and receive text messages on my laptop and iPad without it displaying the @icloud email. In settings it already says that my new email is my Apple ID yet it won't let me remove the @icloud one.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 1:20 PM

You can't change/remove @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com addresses unless it is an alias you created after the Apple ID was set up.

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses.   *

iCloud - Create or change email aliases.   -

Have you tried going to Settings/Messages/Send & Receive, then tapping the @iCloud address to see id you can remove the check mark?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 1:20 PM in response to cy_

You can't change/remove @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com addresses unless it is an alias you created after the Apple ID was set up.

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses.   *

iCloud - Create or change email aliases.   -

Have you tried going to Settings/Messages/Send & Receive, then tapping the @iCloud address to see id you can remove the check mark?

Can I remove my @icloud.com email from my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.