Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR setup stuck on software update

I have been trying literally all day to make this happen. No matter if I try to do the Quickstart or the manually set up it always gets stuck on the software update screen. It takes forever to download. It takes forever to prepare. And it takes forever to install. I can’t bypass it. This is getting so frustrating and I don’t know what to do everything I read online tells me to go into settings. But I can’t get into settings because I can’t get past the software update. This is actually for an iPhone 11, but it didn’t give me about choice because I can’t set up the phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 9:20 PM

See if this Apple support article helps:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

1 reply

iPhone XR setup stuck on software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.