Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro (not 11 pro) stuck on "install now" software update upon setup

Currently setting up my new iPhone 12 Pro through transferring iPhone 8 data to it. It requires the 14.4.1 update to go ahead and its downloaded, but once I tapped install its been stuck on the install now page with the circle going round for about half an hour, no shut down at all yet. Is this because of my internet or something else? How long will I have to wait for this update to install and set up my phone?

Note: I had to select iPhone 11 Pro as the device for this thread as there was no 12 pro option

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 7:07 PM

Hello swagnovale,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! Let’s help get this sorted so that you can start using your new device. It sounds likes you ran into an update taking too long as part of trying to get your data over to your new iPhone. 

In this scenario, various factors, including your internet connection, can be at play and causing this. To learn more about what to do in this scenario, we highly recommend the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the behavior continues, you may need to try updating via a computer instead. For a full breakdown on doing so, please visit: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope that helps. Take care. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 7:07 PM in response to swagnovale

Hello swagnovale,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! Let’s help get this sorted so that you can start using your new device. It sounds likes you ran into an update taking too long as part of trying to get your data over to your new iPhone. 

In this scenario, various factors, including your internet connection, can be at play and causing this. To learn more about what to do in this scenario, we highly recommend the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the behavior continues, you may need to try updating via a computer instead. For a full breakdown on doing so, please visit: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope that helps. Take care. 

iPhone 12 Pro (not 11 pro) stuck on "install now" software update upon setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.