Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK Delivery times on schedule?

Hey Guys,

Are the UK shipping & delivery times on schedule / correlate with the supplied Apple receipt?

I ordered on the 28th July and have been given a shipping date of 18th August, with delivery 'on or before' 20th August. Are the dates provided generally correct, or a bit out?

When can I likely expect to see the details to change regards the phone's moving westwards?

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere on the forum, but my eyes are aching... think I need them tested!

Oh, I'm so excited!!

Thanks

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2010 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2010 9:41 AM

Yes they are usually pretty accurate. 🙂
20 replies

Aug 12, 2010 10:16 AM in response to Youngson

i am in the uk and ordered ordered 32gb ip4 from apple online on the 26th july.

after my order it stated expected ship date of the 16th august with delivery being on or before 23rd august.

its stayed like that for the ~2.5 weeks, today i had the preparing for shipping in the status. then an email saying it had been shipped today.

but how long its journey will take is another matter, i know the ipad orders were virtually here a few days later after shipping, that they seemed to be shipped domestically, but i believe these iphones are coming via quite the exotic routes with stops in customs and all sorts, so the original receive date may well end up to be true yet, will post when i receive, incase its of any use to other UK ip4 orderers with similar dates!

Aug 12, 2010 12:06 PM in response to Quaddy

Well, I'll hopefully be seeing some change on my order status soon, something along the lines of 'preparing for shipping' or similar. I wonder whether the despatch update refers to the iPhone being sent to the buyer from the country of residence (i.e U.K).

I know the world is a small place when travelling by plane, but two days from despatch from China to my little house in Britain sounds little short of amazing (barring an air-drop perhaps), after taking account of customs, etc.

I think, or at least hope, that the phones must be arriving in the U.K a week or more in advance of the delivery date supplied by Apple. This would allow time for customs clearance and forward transit time.

Please Apple, don't prove me wrong!!

Aug 12, 2010 3:08 PM in response to Quaddy

just to add, that i tracked this via TNT, and all the tracking history this evening, is within the UK, and says delivery tomorrow, 13th - would have to be friday 13th eh! *rolls eyes*

anyway, on this shipment there isnt this whole china and customs thing, its all been within the uk, and is now in northampton, so if this arrives tomorrow, this has effectively been next day delivery! very strange. lol

i still would like to know if the 32 giggers are coming through quicker than the 16's.

"+i am in the uk and ordered ordered 32gb ip4 from apple online on the 26th july. after my order it stated expected ship date of the 16th august with delivery being on or before 23rd august. its stayed like that for the ~2.5 weeks, today i had the preparing for shipping in the status. then an email saying it had been shipped today. but how long its journey will take is another matter, i know the ipad orders were virtually here a few days later after shipping, that they seemed to be shipped domestically, but i believe these iphones are coming via quite the exotic routes with stops in customs and all sorts, so the original receive date may well end up to be true yet, will post when i receive, incase its of any use to other UK ip4 orderers with similar dates!+"

UK Delivery times on schedule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.