Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found iPhone

Hi I found an iPhone I think it’s a model X it said it was lost and erased when I tried to activate it wouldn’t because it has an activation lock I did not steal it I found it. But I do want to get it open to give to a friend who really needs a new phone right now and can’t afford it.

Disclaimer!!! I just bought a brand new iPhone 12 so I do not need or want to steal someone else’s iPhone I genuinely found this phone.

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:43 AM

Only the person who originally set up the phone can remove the Activation Lock from the phone. It is completely useless otherwise.

So, if you can find the original owner, you might want to return the phone to him/her, rather than ask them to remove the Activation Lock so that you can give the phone to your friend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 10:43 AM in response to marveseia

Only the person who originally set up the phone can remove the Activation Lock from the phone. It is completely useless otherwise.

So, if you can find the original owner, you might want to return the phone to him/her, rather than ask them to remove the Activation Lock so that you can give the phone to your friend.

Found iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.