Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

on ipad pro, get the restore screen with the cable pointing to the pc, but when i plug in the cable, nothing happens

on ipad pro, get the restore screen with the cable pointing to the pc, but when i plug in the cable, nothing happens. Is there anything I can do short of bringing it to the apple store?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 10:24 AM

If you are having difficulties with your iPad being recognised by your computer, try using a different USB port. Otherwise, this support page may help with troubleshooting connection issues:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

These pages may also be useful:

If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Should you need assistance with restoring your iPad, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to help:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Nosocialmedia

If you are having difficulties with your iPad being recognised by your computer, try using a different USB port. Otherwise, this support page may help with troubleshooting connection issues:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

These pages may also be useful:

If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Should you need assistance with restoring your iPad, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to help:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

on ipad pro, get the restore screen with the cable pointing to the pc, but when i plug in the cable, nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.