Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does battery health works on a MacBook Air?

Hlw I had recently Purchased Macbook Air M1 2020 and it goes to almost one and half month but why my macbook battery health percentage goes to 100 to 99 and it was 99 yesterday and now today it goes 98% and the battery cycle count is 8 and i didn't understand why it goes. is it any issue in battery health and i have to contact nearest apple care about replacement battery. Please Suggest about that issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:14 PM

That's normal.

All batteries degrade over time and yours is not doing so at an accelerated rate. Degradation is non linear and may hit a plateau and stay that for a while. My 2016 MBP original battery has been at 89% for slightly over two years now.

Max cycle count is just an estimate. The important metric is capacity and yours is fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 12:14 PM in response to Rahul_Ray

That's normal.

All batteries degrade over time and yours is not doing so at an accelerated rate. Degradation is non linear and may hit a plateau and stay that for a while. My 2016 MBP original battery has been at 89% for slightly over two years now.

Max cycle count is just an estimate. The important metric is capacity and yours is fine.

How does battery health works on a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.