Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my locked Notes I changed phones and phone numbers when I logged into my account it won’t accept my password?

Hello I changed my iPhone and phone number and when I logged out of my Apple account it logged all of my devices out of my account then when I logged everything back in it was no longer except my password to my notepad for the locked notes how do I fix that so I can access my locked notes?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 6:10 PM

From the article below.

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

If you have multiple passwords, you won't be able to tell which password you should use when you look at your Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but you enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old password. If you enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 6:10 PM in response to RobertT1975

From the article below.

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

If you have multiple passwords, you won't be able to tell which password you should use when you look at your Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but you enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old password. If you enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I access my locked Notes I changed phones and phone numbers when I logged into my account it won’t accept my password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.