Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts randomly disappearing on iOS 15.5

The majority of my contacts have randomly disappeared. I’m talking about hundreds of contacts! This majorly affects my business! Additionally, a number of my calendar events disappeared as well. I am missing client info and sessions I have scheduled!

I will try to restore from an iCloud backup bit has anyone else experienced this? I literally cannot do business this way! I am running IOS 15.5.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 7:36 PM

Madberks Said:

"Missing contacts: The majority of my contacts have randomly disappeared. I’m talking about hundreds of contacts! This majorly affects my business! Additionally, a number of my calendar events disappeared as well. I am missing client info and sessions I have scheduled! I will try to restore from an iCloud backup bit has anyone else experienced this? I literally cannot do business this way! I am running IOS 15.5."

-------

Transferring Missing Contacts:

Some things to try...

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

See If “Contacts” is somehow disabled.

• If it is disabled, then enable it.
  • If it is enabled, then disable it and then re-enable it.

B. Also, Try the Following:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 7:36 PM in response to Madberks

Madberks Said:

"Missing contacts: The majority of my contacts have randomly disappeared. I’m talking about hundreds of contacts! This majorly affects my business! Additionally, a number of my calendar events disappeared as well. I am missing client info and sessions I have scheduled! I will try to restore from an iCloud backup bit has anyone else experienced this? I literally cannot do business this way! I am running IOS 15.5."

-------

Some things to try...

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

See If “Contacts” is somehow disabled.

• If it is disabled, then enable it.
  • If it is enabled, then disable it and then re-enable it.

B. Also, Try the Following:

Jul 10, 2022 8:04 PM in response to TheLittles

Contacts is enabled. I have gone to iCloud.com and restored my contacts from 7/8. While I can see them all on icloud.com, they do not show up on my phone... just a small number of contacts. I have rebooted my phone twice. I have turned off Contacts being synced from iCloud and then turned it back on. My phone still shows a small number of contacts. I'm still trying to troubleshoot.

Jul 10, 2022 8:41 PM in response to Madberks

Madberks Said:

"Missing contacts: Okay, after several reboots, for some reason I can now see the contacts on my phone again. Just wondering how this problem started."

-------

Why the Issue?:

There was likely a download pending in the background. Then, they all became accessible one that completed. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing.

Contacts randomly disappearing on iOS 15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.