Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Output of Apple TV 4K

I have Apple TV 4K and use it to watch Netflix and Disney+.

For the streaming, can Apple TV 4K output video to TV using HDMI cable and the same time output audio to a wireless speaker via AirPlay 2?

I don’t need TV to retrieve audio signal from Apple TV 4K and can manually turn down the volume in my TV.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 3:25 AM

Apple TV 4K can output audio to a set of wireless speakers, instead of built-in TV speakers, or instead of TV-connected speakers (e.g. soundbar), or instead of HDMI connected audio system. One audio output can be used, except for audio-only sources (mainly music) in combination with AirPlay 2.

• HomePods can be configured as default audio system for Apple TV 4K. (See Rudegar’s reply.)
  • Other AirPlay-compatible speakers can be a temporary audio output (i.e. re-select each time you want to use it).
  • Bluetooth speakers can be a temporary audio output as well, including wireless headphones.

Add different speakers through Apple TV Control Center - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Wireless speakers must be AirPlay-compatible from the manufacturer to be able to be used with AirPlay.

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 3:25 AM in response to Ed___C

Apple TV 4K can output audio to a set of wireless speakers, instead of built-in TV speakers, or instead of TV-connected speakers (e.g. soundbar), or instead of HDMI connected audio system. One audio output can be used, except for audio-only sources (mainly music) in combination with AirPlay 2.

• HomePods can be configured as default audio system for Apple TV 4K. (See Rudegar’s reply.)
  • Other AirPlay-compatible speakers can be a temporary audio output (i.e. re-select each time you want to use it).
  • Bluetooth speakers can be a temporary audio output as well, including wireless headphones.

Add different speakers through Apple TV Control Center - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Wireless speakers must be AirPlay-compatible from the manufacturer to be able to be used with AirPlay.

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Output of Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.