Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn OFF 2 factor authentication?

How do I turn OFF 2 factor authentication.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:20 PM

Q1, "How do I turn OFF 2 factor authentication"

A1. How Long Since Enabled: You only have two weeks to turn it off, once enabled.

1. Go here: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "After you turn on two-factor authentication, you have a two-week period during which you can turn it off. After that period, you can’t turn off two-factor authentication."

Q2. "My phone died and I was [...]"

A2. Sounds like you may need to add a device.

1. Go here: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add another device as a trusted device

Get the Phone Number Changed:

Contact Apple Support: Ask the Apple Rep to modify it over the phone. If permitted to do so, then inform to modify the Phone Number associated to your Apple Account, to what it should be. Important: Perform a Trial & Error login session with the Apple Rep prior to ending the phone call.

Contact ApleSupport. 

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 11:20 PM in response to Ralorider

Q1, "How do I turn OFF 2 factor authentication"

A1. How Long Since Enabled: You only have two weeks to turn it off, once enabled.

2. As it Reads: "After you turn on two-factor authentication, you have a two-week period during which you can turn it off. After that period, you can’t turn off two-factor authentication."

Q2. "My phone died and I was [...]"

A2. Sounds like you may need to add a device.

2. Scroll to: Add another device as a trusted device

Get the Phone Number Changed:

Contact Apple Support: Ask the Apple Rep to modify it over the phone. If permitted to do so, then inform to modify the Phone Number associated to your Apple Account, to what it should be. Important: Perform a Trial & Error login session with the Apple Rep prior to ending the phone call.

Contact ApleSupport. 

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

How do I turn OFF 2 factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.