You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers calculation functions

I have searched and watched numerous tutorials on how to use Numbers calculations functions, but I still can't get the functions to work. The vids I've seen often seem to reference commands that don't seem available to me. Perhaps it's that we're using different versions, but the vids don't say which version they are using. I'm using Numbers 11.1(7031.0.102) on a MacBookAir M1 2020 Using OSX 12.4 Monterey. I'm in Spain.

My question: can anyone point me in the direction of the best tutorial to help me start using Numbers? I like the look of it and really don't want to have to use Excel for Mac.

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 5:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:49 AM

Maybe the videos are in a different language than your native Spanish.

you can refer to the Numbers menu item "Help > Formulas and Functions Help"

The function names are "adjusted" for the language and region settings. You can choose the language on a by-document basis by selecting the Numbers menu item "File > Advanced Language & Region":

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2022 6:49 AM in response to Andalublue

Maybe the videos are in a different language than your native Spanish.

you can refer to the Numbers menu item "Help > Formulas and Functions Help"

The function names are "adjusted" for the language and region settings. You can choose the language on a by-document basis by selecting the Numbers menu item "File > Advanced Language & Region":

Numbers calculation functions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.