Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spinning ball - fcpx 10.6.3 - Mac M1pro - Sony FX9 files

Hello folks, i'm having a hard time with the spinning ball appearing when I tried to playback the timeline, specially from the very begginning. When the playback finally starts, it's very choppy. After three or four tries it begins to run smoothly. Then I work a bit on my edit, and when I come back to playback, same problem again. 

I'm editing 4k XAVC 4.2.2 10 bit 25p from Sony FX9 and FX3, but in a 1080p timeline 25p. No multicam, no text overlays, no plugins. A simple clip by clip timeline.

Since FCPX didn't ask for optimized that media, I was trying to edit the original media. After applying some basic color correction, this time the dot line appears so I rendered the timeline, but the issue persits.

Transcoding to proxy seems to solve the problem, but it's far from ideal and I don't know why fcpx it's choppy if everything is supposed to be rendered.

I've tried moving the library and the footage to my ssd internal disk, or even to another ssd disk. I've deleted fcpx preferences. No luck.

I'm kind of dissapointed that my M1 pro cannot handle these files.

Macbook pro M1 Pro 16gb

MacOs 12.4

FCPX 10.6.3

Any help appreciated.

Pablo

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 11:58 AM

I think the issue was solved ( Thanks Joema from fcp.co for the great support! ) If I import all the tree structure from the original containing folder (XDROOT) the files play OK!

Also I've found this: https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/09/06/apples-response-to-sony-fx9-media-issues-with-final-cut-pro-x/

Thanks to all for the help!

Best,

Pablo

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Chantus

I think the issue was solved ( Thanks Joema from fcp.co for the great support! ) If I import all the tree structure from the original containing folder (XDROOT) the files play OK!

Also I've found this: https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/09/06/apples-response-to-sony-fx9-media-issues-with-final-cut-pro-x/

Thanks to all for the help!

Best,

Pablo

Jul 11, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Chantus

CleanMyMac has been installed. It's considered by some around here to be malware. Its damage can sometimes be reversed by completely uninstalling, but if the damage is too great, a reformat and clean macOS reinstall is necessary.

You also have Chrome installed and its very badly behaved keystone launch daemons and agents. For details and how to completely remove see https://chromeisbad.com Simply trashing the Chrome app is not enough.

After removing both, you'll need to delete FCP and reinstall.

Antivirus apps: CleanMyMac 

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Agent.plist
    Executable: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Agent

[Loaded] com.google.keystone.agent.plist (Google LLC - installed 2022-04-19)
  [Loaded] com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist (Google LLC - installed 2022-04-19)

spinning ball - fcpx 10.6.3 - Mac M1pro - Sony FX9 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.