Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once I have copied pictures from my iPhone to my iMac hard drive, can I delete the pics on my iPhone?

Once I have copied pictures from my iPhone onto my iMac d

hard drive, can I delete the pics on my iPhone?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 9:09 AM

Yes. It's your iPhone, you can do whatever you want.

If you mean "will they get removed from the iMac if you delete them from the iPhone", that depends on how you copied them to your iMac.

If you used iCloud Photos, they are synced and any changes you make on one device are mirrored to iCloud and any other devices that are using the same Apple ID. So any deletions on your iPhone would be removed from iCloud and the iMac by extension.

If you used the "Import to your Mac" option from the support document you posted from, then no, they will not be deleted from the Mac if you delete them from the iPhone. In this case, the photos are copied to the Mac and the versions in the Mac are then entirely independent of the ones on the iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 9:09 AM in response to mimiseventy

Yes. It's your iPhone, you can do whatever you want.

If you mean "will they get removed from the iMac if you delete them from the iPhone", that depends on how you copied them to your iMac.

If you used iCloud Photos, they are synced and any changes you make on one device are mirrored to iCloud and any other devices that are using the same Apple ID. So any deletions on your iPhone would be removed from iCloud and the iMac by extension.

If you used the "Import to your Mac" option from the support document you posted from, then no, they will not be deleted from the Mac if you delete them from the iPhone. In this case, the photos are copied to the Mac and the versions in the Mac are then entirely independent of the ones on the iPhone.

Once I have copied pictures from my iPhone to my iMac hard drive, can I delete the pics on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.