Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my cracked screen covered under warranty

Is my cracked screen covered under warranty?

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 10:03 AM

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear you cracked your iPad Air screen.

Please refer to this support page to see what is and isn't covered: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202741. It will cover warranty, if you have an AppleCare+ plan, and what you need to do!

I hope this solves your problem!

4 replies

Jul 11, 2022 10:05 AM in response to kathie267

It is notoriously difficult to prove that a crack is the result of a manufacturing or material defect. As such, screen damage is often excluded from warranty claims.

Apple offer a limited one-year warranty - against which you might attempt to make a claim. If making a warranty claim, your should first attempt to make a claim with your retailer - as it is most often the retailer with whom your purchase contract (and therefore your warranty) principally exists. If unsuccessful, you then have the potential backup of making a claim against the manufacturer’s limited warranty.

If you had the foresight of opting to purchase Apple’s AppleCare+ plan, this being an insurance product, you will have the security of being able to make claim with Apple regardless of fault. In such circumstances, a small excess/deductible charge is made - and you will receive a replacement (usually a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification) iPad.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Is my cracked screen covered under warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.