You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speakers need to be replaced on a Mac Pro

My speakers need to be replaced. poor sound quality!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 11:58 AM

Hello!

I recommend trying the steps in this article - If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support. I also recommend restarting your Mac, installing the latest updates if not up to date, resetting NVRAM, or rebooting your Mac in Safe Mode using the below steps when applicable:

To Reset your NVRAM manually (*Note resetting NVRAM manually doesn't apply to the recent M1/M2 models since the newer models automatically detect and reset if necessary when restarting/turning on your MacBook) follow the below steps:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn your Mac on.
  3. Immediately press and hold the command+option+P+R keys.
  4. Continue to hold the command+option+P+R keys for a minimum of 20 seconds; longer is fine but not necessary.
  5. After 20 seconds, you can release the keys.
  6. Your Mac will continue the startup process.

I also recommend getting in contact with Apple Repair Support at Mac Repair - Official Apple Support if the above steps didn't help isolate the problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Rocks8

Hello!

I recommend trying the steps in this article - If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support. I also recommend restarting your Mac, installing the latest updates if not up to date, resetting NVRAM, or rebooting your Mac in Safe Mode using the below steps when applicable:

To Reset your NVRAM manually (*Note resetting NVRAM manually doesn't apply to the recent M1/M2 models since the newer models automatically detect and reset if necessary when restarting/turning on your MacBook) follow the below steps:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn your Mac on.
  3. Immediately press and hold the command+option+P+R keys.
  4. Continue to hold the command+option+P+R keys for a minimum of 20 seconds; longer is fine but not necessary.
  5. After 20 seconds, you can release the keys.
  6. Your Mac will continue the startup process.

I also recommend getting in contact with Apple Repair Support at Mac Repair - Official Apple Support if the above steps didn't help isolate the problem.

Speakers need to be replaced on a Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.