Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books fail new pdfs

After iPad iOS 15.5 upgrade using share with books fails to place PDFs into books

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 3:26 PM

I suggest a force restart Force restart iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Someone else had the same problem a couple of months ago and I don't know if they were able to fix it. But let Apple know: Product Feedback - Apple

6 replies

Jul 12, 2022 2:22 PM in response to picas

I use and iPad Pro (second gen) updated to iOS pad 15.5. From a website.. I use the share icon (box with up arrow) then select books. The app PDF file never loads. I have been using this exact method forever. After updating the books feature does not work. I ca send the page in messages or my Mac no problems and then I can load it manually into the Books app. But it will not work anymore send web page to Books app automatically. Recap share webpage with Books worked before update, does not work after update.

Jul 14, 2022 6:21 AM in response to picas

The forced restart seem to clear the issue. Apparently it still is doing some process after the boot. Testing, I could not even select the share icon at first. So I decided to do an iCloud backup. Post the backup I tested again and it worked just find. I have also noticed after the ver 15.5 update there is some latency in basic opening apps and performing functions inside the apps. In the end performing a forced restart did solve my issue. Thank you

books fail new pdfs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.