You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I remove the microphone icon off of my watch? if so, how do I do so?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 1:38 PM

Hello mylee32,

The microphone icon means that your Apple Watch is listening, and cannot be removed unless you disable any and all features that would use your microphone. This information and more can be found here: Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"With watchOS 7 and later, the microphone icon means your Apple Watch mic is listening. It appears when you're talking to Siri, recording a voice memo, or using any app that activates the microphone, such as Handwashing or Walkie-Talkie."

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 1:38 PM in response to mylee32

Hello mylee32,

The microphone icon means that your Apple Watch is listening, and cannot be removed unless you disable any and all features that would use your microphone. This information and more can be found here: Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"With watchOS 7 and later, the microphone icon means your Apple Watch mic is listening. It appears when you're talking to Siri, recording a voice memo, or using any app that activates the microphone, such as Handwashing or Walkie-Talkie."

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.