Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shuffle all music from a particular artist in my library in Apple Music app on Mac OS Monterey?

Hi there,

Just started using Music (was previously using iTunes). In iTunes I was able to search for an artist from my library in song list view, and the results would instantly show up in the list. This allowed me to shuffle all songs from a particular artist.

This functionality seems to be missing in Music (version 1.2.4.3.)? I can only seem to shuffle all songs from an album, but not the artist as a whole. When I search for Jay-Z (for example), I get all media referring to Jay-Z. I then click into the "Songs" section, which brings me to a grid view with all of Jay-Z's songs, but every time I click on a song, it brings me into the album view, therefore preventing me from shuffling all the songs. Am I doing something wrong? As you can see in the screenshot, only his Greatest Hits album plays and I can only shuffle within that album. I would like to shuffle ALL of Jay-Z's songs, just like I was able to do in iTunes.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 3:41 PM

Mike,

Another way, assuming you are in Songs view, is to activate View > Show Filter Field. When the new field appears at top right, type in "Jay-Z."

This method also picks up tracks where he features, which may be preferable.

Similar questions

3 replies

How do I shuffle all music from a particular artist in my library in Apple Music app on Mac OS Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.