Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update my iPhone it freezes

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it won’t update. Whenever I go on software update it freezes my iOS is currently at 14.6

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 4:37 PM

Take a look at these support documents.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

This User Tip, Updating iOS: common issues and solutions - Apple Community

Since you are currently on a version of iOS 14, is it possible that you were on public Beta software? If so, remove the beta profile from your device. Go to Settings>General>Profile and there should be a beta profile there. You can also take a look at this support document for additional help. How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 4:37 PM in response to shanteena161

Take a look at these support documents.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

This User Tip, Updating iOS: common issues and solutions - Apple Community

Since you are currently on a version of iOS 14, is it possible that you were on public Beta software? If so, remove the beta profile from your device. Go to Settings>General>Profile and there should be a beta profile there. You can also take a look at this support document for additional help. How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

Jul 13, 2022 3:36 PM in response to shanteena161

Thank you for your response. Your statement about buying space has nothing to do with the space on your iPhone. The space you are paying for is iCloud space and it cannot be used for updates and does not increase the capacity of your iPhone. If you are not seeing a beta profile, It is hard to say what the issue is. You are not connected to a VPN, but profiles should be in that area. If you were unable to update your device after going through all 3 of those support documents, especially the User Tip at the end, you need to use the Get Support link at the top of the page here and contact Apple Support. If you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment to have Apple examine the device. They will explain your options from there. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

When I try to update my iPhone it freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.