Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K - Black screen while browsing menus

Yesterday I switched on my Apple TV 4K and the screen was showing alternating solid colors then one of the screen saver images flashed up before it settled on a solid orange screen. I couldn’t fix it then so I left it unplugged over the night. When I plugged it back in it started with the same orange color. After some breakfast I tried it again and now it just sends a black screen.

The weird thing is that I can still Airplay to it and when I press the play button repeatedly it plays the first show in the first app in the menu bar, but as soon as I exit the show it goes black again.

So this means that it’s working fine except that it can’t send an image while I’m browsing the menu and apps, but as soon as a video is playing it sends the image as normal.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 1:20 AM

Do try a cold restart. Disconnect from power for a minute or two, then re-connect.

The support document

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

has a few things to try. I think that the second bullet point in particular has a good chance to help here.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 1:20 AM in response to Nadjanda

Do try a cold restart. Disconnect from power for a minute or two, then re-connect.

The support document

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

has a few things to try. I think that the second bullet point in particular has a good chance to help here.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV 4K - Black screen while browsing menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.