Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

abnormal lines on the screen

so the problem is when i turned on the screen i saw a diagonal scratch line. At first, i was just thinking that my mac might bump into something, but with the time goes on the line is getting bigger and now there is two lines on my screen. You can only see the lines when the screen is on. is it staingate?

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 5:26 AM

Hi,

If it appears when screen is on, it might be LCD hardware related issue. You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined it there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

2 replies

Jul 12, 2022 5:27 AM in response to Ang1726

No. Staingate is a coating issue that is visible when the laptop is powered off. Flexgate is a cabling issue affecting the backlight sometimes producing a stagelight effect. It is not a known issue of any type. It looks like cracks in the LCD Panel. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

abnormal lines on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.