You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was having to enter password to open iMac every time touch id not working. I went to enter my finger print again and now the icon is gone and I cannot use touch id ever again???

I have lost Touch ID! My computer asked for id each time I turned it on. Touch id was not working so I tried entering a new fingerprint. Now I have NO Touch ID the Icon is gone! No way to access it. Have I lost this feature permanently?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:48 AM

Have you restarted since this happened? If no joy, restart in safe mode, let it sit for a few minutes and restart normally and retest.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

You haven't lost the feature permanently, but if all else fails you may need to reinstall your OS.

1 reply

I was having to enter password to open iMac every time touch id not working. I went to enter my finger print again and now the icon is gone and I cannot use touch id ever again???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.