Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking Unknown callers

from another forum I found I could block Unknown and Unknown Caller, I added these as contacts and edited the contact and blocked both, now going back to the contact details the contact is unblocked, I choose block this caller , when I go back to this contact it's unblocked and the option to block the caller is there again, no matter what I do it still goes back to unblocked. searching the forum I found nothing, is blocking unknown not allowed?

how can I fix this

IPHONE SE (2020) IOS 15.5

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 8:43 AM

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers will block all callers not in your contact list.

See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Blocking specific contacts is based on the contacts phone number(s), not the contact name. Adding a contact with the name "Unknown" would only work if you also added phone numbers to that contact (which would in my opinion be more work than simply blocking the number).

See: Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 8:43 AM in response to PeteVit

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers will block all callers not in your contact list.

See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Blocking specific contacts is based on the contacts phone number(s), not the contact name. Adding a contact with the name "Unknown" would only work if you also added phone numbers to that contact (which would in my opinion be more work than simply blocking the number).

See: Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Blocking Unknown callers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.