Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Position of digital keyboard after 15.5 update

My ipad problem after updating to 15.5 is that the position of the keyboard on my screen is in the middle of the screen, not the bottom as it's been forever. Consequently, when I write more than a few lines, or reply to an email, it's impossible to see the text I'm typing or to go back and correct errors. Sometimes it's very challenging to enter an email address that's in my address book because the area immediately below the address lines is covered by the keyboard. Changing the iPad to vertical or horizontal doesn't help with the positioning problem. This is enormously frustrating. I have to cancel and save the email on the iPad and then complete it on my iphone.

I've restarted my machine. Any other ideas?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 9:06 AM

Touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at the bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard; without lifting your finger from the screen, slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 9:06 AM in response to crimemon

Touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at the bottom-right of the on-screen keyboard; without lifting your finger from the screen, slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Position of digital keyboard after 15.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.