Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error importing large ProRes file from iPhone 13 Pro to MacBook Pro

I have been using my iPhone 13 pro (256GB) to shoot in prores for a documentary. I have a few clips shot in 4K that are very large and can not transfer them to my MacBook Pro (2019 running Monteray 12.4). One clip is 35 GB and others are just over 2 GB. I have tried AirDrop as well as hardwiring the phone to the laptop and using Image Capture. Neither will transfer the large files. In image capture I get:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.ImageCapture error -9934.) (-9934)."

Please, someone, tell me that my footage can be used other than just taking up huge amounts of space on my phone and played only on the phone. What good is shooting in prores if I can't get the video to my computer to edit it?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:08 PM

How about enabling iCloud so you can sync them to your other devices.

Set up iCloud on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 18, 2022 3:44 PM in response to BenJaminAwhile

You can try connecting the iPhone to the computer and see if you can import them either using the Finder or using Image Capture. Those are the only other ways I know that may allow you to transfer files to the Mac. I know it works for pictures, but not sure about video. Otherwise, I am not aware of any other options except to get an actual video camera that allows you to directly transfer files from the camera or the camera's storage device directly to the computer.

Error importing large ProRes file from iPhone 13 Pro to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.